Monday, October 25, 2010

A blog post

It snowed today so a blog post is in order.  The summer was filled with riding, racing, hiking, family, work and all around good times.  The fall has been off to a good start with training, racing, hiking family, work and all around good times.  There appears to be a pattern here.  I'm sure the winter will bring skiing, hiking, family, work, XC ski racing (maybe) and all around good times.  I can't wait.

I must say cross racing has been particularly good so far.  Finally making the jump to my age group has proved fruitful with a few trips to the top step of the podium.  Can't complain about that.  Winning the same day as my big brother was cool as well.  However, the best part of cross season so far has been watching friends try cross for the first time and getting completely hooked.  It can't be explained, just experienced.

On a final note, this summer I discovered yet another way to to hurt myself while looking like a dork.  It's called roller skiing.  Road rash is remarkably similar whether inflicted by a fall from a road bike, mountain bike, cross bike or roller skis.  Who knew?

1 comment:

Ski Bike Junkie said...

Already looking forward to your next post. In April.