Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Susan's Battle Over

I just read Fatty's wife Susan died tonight. Like many others, she fought a long, valiant battle with cancer. She and Elden were able to inspire many to help fight cancer by donating to cancer research. Elden's willingness to share their very personal battle caused many, including me, to be a little more grateful for the blessings in our lives. I've never officially met Fatty, but we have many friends in common and in the odd world of blogs, I feel like I know him. My heart goes out to him and his family tonight.

Like Fatty, so many people deal with extremely difficult challenges with resolve and dignity. It makes my constant whining about not riding a bike as fast as I would like sound pretty weak. I am truly lucky in my life and resolve to show more gratitude and kindness. Life's to short and uncertain to do otherwise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm ready to make the wheel/tire exchange for cross.
your easton email will not accept my mail.

-Ali
ali20vt@aol.com