Thursday, January 22, 2009

Winter Blahs

Let's see: very busy at work, crappy air in the valley, not enough snow in the mountains, no motivation to ride the trainer, no motivation to go to the gym. Must be the mid-winter blahs. I think some sun and fun will cure me. Too bad, it will be some time for both.

It hasn't been all bad. I've made it out on skate skis 3 times in the last week, got to ride with Doug, Tanner and some of the Canyon crew last Saturday, I made it up to Snowbasin for the OR on-snow demo yesterday and I'll be at OR tomorrow. The Easton snowshoes have been well received and we should get better placement next season. However, outdoor retailers are suffering through a terrible winter so the mood is kind of somber at the show.

Erin made it to the inauguration and had a great time. She scored some tickets from Sen. Bennett's office and was relatively close. She said all the waiting in the cold and fighting crowds was worth it.

Now I just need to find the time to ride some dirt. A mountain bike or moto will do. I'm not particular.

No comments: