Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fort B

Another beautiful fall day at the races. While it wasn't "cross weather", I must admit I like it. No post race uncontrollable shivering, no spraying off clothes in the driveway when I get home and no 4 hour bike cleaning/repair. I'm sure we'll get plenty of that later, but for now, I'll take the warm and dry.

It was a good day at the races for the Cottles. The race course was another fast one and tactics played a role again. In fact, my average speed was faster than last week. Tanner drove the lead group of 7 in the B's most of the race. On the last lap, he took an aggressive line over a log while in the lead and managed to end up on the ground. He fought back to finish 6th in the sprint. It's goods times watching him race.

I had my best race of the year to finish 3rd. I made the lead group of 4 but got gaped in the last grass section just before the finish. I was able to drive the pace in the early laps and hang on later. It was fun to mix it up with the fast guys.

The best part of the race was JoAnn took the day off and came with us. She got to see both of her boys battling at the front of their races. All in all, a very good day.

Here's some of JoAnn's pictures. Not surprisingly, their mostly of me and Tanner.



More logs to bunny hop this week.

























The B's had their biggest turn out yet with almost 60 riders.
T and I are off to Boulder next week. We're going to try mixing it up in a big race. Should be fun.






No comments: